Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Remembering our loved ones~ genetic heart disease and events.



Okay....when I had my MI on April 16th, I had no warnings or 'signs' and what was even more of an eye opener..heart disease is not genetic in my family. If you have lost a loved from a cardiovascular event, first let me offer my deepest love and sympathy and then I want to talk to you about this!

If heart disease/stroke or any cardiovascular issues are genetic in your family, I ask you to take your heart health extremely serious. Heart Disease is the number #1 killer in the United States of both men and women. Staying on top of your heart and knowing what is going on will reduce your risk of heart attacks, congestive heart failure, CAD, stroke and many other heart related issues. I am bringing you awareness here and not fear. For up to date statistics please read my March 7th post.

As a survivor of a cardiovascular event I feel it is my divine duty to share with you my experience and remind you in a gentle and loving way that your heart is a beautiful organ and that your heart is your internal life force that works as hard as you do to keep things flowing in your life! Let's honor the blessings that our heart brings us and love our heart with every ounce of our being!

Let us learn from our relatives, friends and loved ones who have left us or have experienced a heart event. Let's honor them by making right choices, lifestyles changes, and making our heart health a loving priority!

With all of my love~
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment