Thursday, March 26, 2009

I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!




MY Commentary on Health Care

I woke up one morning and realized that in this big beautiful world I live in ...that it really is not important one way or the other if I am dead or alive. I know that sounds kind of pre-historic drama....but when it all boils down to the bottom line of the bottom line.....I am not worth my weight in gold...in money...or in health care.

How sad is it that we live in a country that tells you that because you are 'broken' you can not be 'fixed' by our system. You are not worth the horse you rode in here on. You are the bottom of the food chain. You are a nobody with heart disease so...tough luck kid.

The bottom line is that money is more important than you, me or your or my life. You and I are not worth it...AT ALL. Why would we help you...you have heart disease.....shoot that means we would have to give up our weekends in Martha's Vineyard or the limousine service to the park, or the spa weekends in Europe.

How can we put such high price tags on the human life? When I saw my CICU bill after my MI....I about had another heart attack. That bill was $91,254.32.....yes that is ninety one thousand folks....1/2 of the mortgage that I just lost in foreclosure. Welcome to America!!! Oh...and did I tell you I was not even in CICU for a full 48 hours? Now I have lost my health care benefits due to full time status loss and I pretty much need to sink or swim when it comes to getting affordable health care....so I like millions of others are living with out it and living on a prayer every day that I do not have a cardiac event. Not a fun way to live...AT ALL!

Does that make you angry? Well it makes me angry and it also makes me very very sad. To my family and my friends I am worth every penny spent on helping me live a happy and healthy life. I believe that I add something to this planet...every day of my life. PLEASE help in voicing your opinion for a RADICAL change in our health care system...it is broken .....not you..not me...we are not broken.....our health care system is what is broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment