Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Heart is in God's Hands~

Well after one year and only one small ER incident (the onset of the angina attacks in July of '08) I had a minor setback this past weekend. I was starting to come down with a cold or virus....and I had a full blown big humdinger Angina attack that ended me up in the ER. I did not dial 911 since I lost my health insurance and I had made a choice if I have another MI...there will be no dialing 911 and I stuck to my guns on that one. However, my family would not just sit around and watch me die....so they loaded me up and drove me to county hospital. Outside of the prisoners handcuffed to their gurneys .....the medical attention was unbelievable. I was seen immediately! While I was there they did the norm, full blood panels, EKG, chest X-rays and I was put on oxygen. I was seen by three ER docs and a cardiologist. My nurse was awesome and had a great sense of humor. I was given a stress test and here is where the fun stopped....I did not pass it. I get admitted and because I have flu like symptoms on top of the heart issue I am put in isolation in IMCU!

Okay I never saw a face the rest of the weekend. They were fully gowned, gloved, masked, and goggled. They dreaded coming to my room because they had to go through this every time ...even if they were coming in to bring me a blanket or water or whatever...what a pain in the ass I was huh? Even I had to wear a mask for a short time. I felt so bad for the nurses that I watched carefully how they hooked and unhooked all my plugs to my monitor...and when I had to go to the bathroom...I did it myself. Yes I set the machine off...but after about the fifth chewing out by the nurses about getting up with out help...they left me alone. Deep down I think they were happy that I was a take charge kind of patient! I know that when I left I was truly missed! ; ))

My BP was very low through out the entire stay. It got up to 111/56 and one time after I had a real good cry I saw it moved up to over 135 but the bottom number was still way below 80. So with this going on my BP meds (beta blocker) got reduced to 50 mg from 100 mg!!! But my aspirin regimen was bumped back up to 325 mg from 81 and my statins went from 40mg to 80mg. I was also put on another med to take with the beta blocker in the morning. I will be doing a blog on that one, because I research every medication I am on ...so I know what to do naturally to balance any depletion's.

I am home now. I have an appointment with a new GP through county. While I loved my Dr. Wu and that was another loss I walked through when I lost my health insurance back in November.....I have at this point given my heart fully over to God.
As the song goes...Ques Sara SaRa... What ever will be ...will be. The future's not ours to see. Ques SARa ...SARa~

With deepest heartfelt blessings~
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment