Tuesday, May 19, 2009

~Music and The Heart~







I have always noticed that when I listen to music, I feel calm and relaxed and just plain good! I have always said that music is the soundtrack of our lives. I know that there are songs that I hear that take me back to childhood memories and thoughts of my past life. Whenever I hear the song 'Maggie Mae"by Rod Stewart, I instantly think of the property we have on the river and the weekends of my childhood spent out there.

In the video Dr. Miller ( cardiologist) talks about how music opens up the vessels (the inner lining of the vessels relax) and that we actually produce a chemical that actually is protective to our heart! So when I hear Bob Marley singing 'ONE LOVE' ...I know my heart is loving it!
WAY COOL!!!!

Thanks Antoinette for sharing this article with me!

And the beat goes on!
Blessings~
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment