Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Heart!



We are in the heart of summer...and my heart is feeling it!!! I have noticed that the heat really can make my heart work a little harder. I have been trying to keep as cool as I can, drink plenty of water, and rest as often as I can as well! I try to ride my bike early morning or at sunset when the temperature drops. Any exercise in extreme heat is dangerous because the heart works even harder to get blood and oxygen to your working muscles and it is also helping cool your body down. Believe it or not...sweating is how we cool down...... heat and humidity interfere with the body's natural cooling process. The heart plays a major role in the whole cooling down process......so easy does it during the days of summer !! The more your body cools down...the harder your heart works to pump blood!! Blood volume decreases with fluid loss so the heart has to work harder to pump smaller volumes of blood.

I hope you are enjoying your summer.....stay safe and healthy!

Summer Heart Blessings~
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment